DAILY REMINDERS:
- Homework tonight: Spelling worksheet
- Parent-Teacher Conferences: A green letter is coming home today in your child's Take Home folder. Please complete the bottom portion and return it to school ASAP. Thank you!
- Our field trip to Powell Symphony Hall is next Wednesday, October 10. If you have not turned in your child's permission slip/money, please send it with your first grader this week. Thank you! If you are not sure whether or not you already sent it in, please send me an email, and I will let you know.
- Shared Reading-We read the book The Chick and the Duckling. I introduced the short i vowel sound, and we highlighted words in the text with the short i sound.
- Word Work-I introduced Week 6 spelling words, and your first grader wrote them 2 times each. They should have brought them home in their folder today. IMPORTANT: If you use www.spellingcity.com to practice the words each week, please note that words 6-10 listed under Week 6 are not necessarily going to be on Friday's test. The lists on spelling city are my lists from last year. So from now on, remember that words 1-5 on each list are the words on the test. The other 5 words will always come from past weeks and word family words. Eventually, I will also test them over words that I notice them consistently misspelling in their writing pieces.
- Daily 5/Guided Reading- I met with my guided reading groups today while the rest of the students went to their Daily 5 Centers. We discussed the rules and procedures for guided reading time. We also talked about the Beanie Baby Reading Strategies. I will be sending home these same strategies at our conferences. I was VERY pleased with how well our first graders did on this first "real" day of Daily 5/Guided Reading.
- Math-We practiced making 10 today with different combinations of numbers. We also used the order property at our math centers.
- Science-In our online science book we read about the 4 seasons and focused on spring. Then we labeled and colored different trees showing the 4 seasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment