Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday, December 17, 2012

DAILY REMINDERS:
  • Homework:  Goods and Services--Social Studies worksheet.
  • My Winter Break Journal:  I sent this journal home today (blue covers).  I encourage your first grader to read and write over the winter break, so I sent home this journal for them to write about all the things they do on their break.  This activity is optional, but I strongly urge them to spend some time writing while they are on "vacation".  This journal is not due until Jan. 3 when we return to school.
  • On Wednesday we are going to have a "Polar Express" day (I think I mentioned this in one of my posts last week).  We are going to wear our pajamas to school on Wednesday (optional), read the story and do several literacy and math activities surrounding the story.  If we earn the rest of our marbles tomorrow, we will also watch "The Polar Express"movie.  We only have 4 more marbles to earn--WOO-HO0!  (:
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF YOUR FIRST GRADER:
  • Our day began in the library where we were treated by a special visitor.  Cynthia Willenbrock came to Crestwood to share her book called Marshal the Miracle Dog.  She shared a very important message along with reading her book.  Her dog, Marshall, has only 3 legs and she discussed how important it is to care about people for their character and personality on the inside and not for how they look on the outside.
  • Writing:  Since it is almost the end of 2nd quarter, we did our quarterly writing assessment today.  The first graders wrote a story about a time when they did something fun with their family.  Beforehand, we reviewed what all sentences must have and brainstormed ideas for a story.
  • Math:  We took a tests over Chapter 7, a pretest over the next chapter, and an addition time test.
  • Social Studies:  We read about and discussed the vocabulary words buy, trade, seller, buyer, cost, save, factory, and worker. 

No comments:

Post a Comment