Friday, November 2, 2012

Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Friday!  It's been a long and busy week (conferences and Halloween), but we made it!  Thank you to all the parents who were able to attend their conferences last night.  I enjoyed talking with each and every one of you!  Thank you to all of my families for sharing your child with me.  It's a privilege and an honor to work with them every day.

DAILY REMINDERS:
  • Please encourage your first grader to read over the long weekend.  I will collect their WRR on Friday, as usual.
  • No School on Monday or Tuesday next week.
  • I emailed our November calendar today.  Please let me know if you did not receive it or could not open it, and I will send you a hard copy next week.
  • I sent home our 2nd quarter spelling words today.  They are printed on pink card stock, and are for your "studying enjoyment".   They should be in your child's take home folder on the home side.  Please let me know if the words did not make it home, and I will send home another set.  Don't forget that Spelling City is a fun way to study the words too.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF YOUR FIRST GRADER:
  • Word Work:  We took our spelling test today.  I will send the graded test home next week.
  • Shared Reading:  Mrs. Justus (Crestwood's librarian) came to our classroom today and taught a lesson on Fiction and Non Fiction books.  Soon, your child will have a larger selection of books to choose from when they check out.  The students also checked out new books today.  If they did not, it is because they have overdue books at home.  Please encourage your son or daughter to look for library books over the weekend, and remind them to put them in their book bag before Wednesday. 
  •  Math:  We made our addition time test flashcards.  These also came home today in a zip lock bag, and they are on green card stock.  Please let me know if you don't have them, and I will send another set home.
  • We participated in Kids Voting with our buddies today.  Your first grader had the opportunity to vote for the president, the state senator, and the governor.  We will have the "official" Crestwood results next week.
UPCOMING EVENTS:
  • PTO Meeting next week on Thursday, November 8th @ 7:00 p.m.  The PTO Board would like you to join them for dessert while sharing your ideas and opinions.  Child-care is provided.
Enjoy the four day weekend with your kiddos!  Get outside and play and don't forget to READ too!  See you next week! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment